02 June 2012

We've Got It Covered #103


Morning folks, it's Saturday and once again I'm hungover. No surprise there then I guess, I spent last night in the company of some fine individuals at King Tut's catching The Grand Gestures and Behold The Old Bear, A top night was had, but boy am I paying for it today. If I think that I feel bad now, god only knows how sorry I will be feeling for myself on Friday. As next week I will be heading up to Inverness for my third goNorth,  Scotland's biggest music industry event/piss up. For the second year running, myself, Song, By Toad and The Pop Cop are putting on a showcase gig at the event. So if you're going to be Inverness on Thursday it would be great to see some of your pretty little faces. Anyway, here's a selection of cover versions from the some of the bands that I am looking forward to seeing in Inverness next week...

French Wives-Blue Boy (Orange Juice cover)

Chris Devotion & The Expectations-I Aint Got No Home (Woody Guthrie cover)

Where We Lay Our Heads - New Dawn (Withered Hand cover)

Washington Irving - Boy From School (Hot Chip cover)

The Machine Room - Bizarre Love Triangle (New Order cover)

The Machine Room - Small Town Boy (Bronski Beat Cover)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you... love the OJ cover & another Bizarre Love Triangle cover to add to my colection :-)
    Cheers
    Nev

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best at goNorth Mr. P

    ReplyDelete